Opinion

October|“What Kind of Pumpkin Are You?” Tag

Hello beautiful people!  How are you all doing?

I’m sorry I’ve not been posting on the blog lately. My husband had major knee surgery. And I just have to be closer to him than ever.

Thank you to my big sis Dawn who blogs at https://drawingclosertochrist.com for including me in this tag. She is one of my favourite bloggers. Her blog posts are always inspirational, insightful, and spirit-filled.

She’s always sharing the undiluted word of God. Kindly visit her blog here.

Here are the rules:

1. Thank the person who tagged you and link their post to yours.
  2. Link the original post so the creators can read them
  3. Use the original featured image and include it in your post.
  4. Copy and paste the meaning of the tag into your post.
  5. Answer the questions.
  6. Tag at least one person.
  7. Have fun and enjoy the rest of your month!

I love the meaning behind this tag❤

Here are the questions:

1. Do you celebrate Halloween? Why or why not?

I don’t celebrate Halloween because I don’t like to commemorate anything that doesn’t glorify the name of the Lord.

I love what Jerimiah chapter 10: 2-3 (AMP) says “ Thus says the Lord, do not learn the way of the [pagan] nations. And do not be terrified and distressed by the signs of the heavens. Although the pagans are terrified by them.  For the customs and decrees of the peoples are [mere] delusion [exercises in futility]; It is only wood which one cuts from the forest [to make a god], The work of the hands of the craftsman with the axe or cutting tool.

Romans 12 verse 2 also says that we shouldn’t copy the behaviour and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

I know this is a controversial topic. But the bible gives us some principles to follow as believers.

2. Cookie Monsters! Do you like to watch scary movies? Why or why not?

I used to be a lover of horror movies. I stopped because I would dream of the movie for days.

My husband is not a fan of scary movies too.

3. Name 3 of your greatest fears.

Heights, reptiles and rats😂😂

4. When was the last time you scared someone?

I usually scare my husband when he’s in the room alone. But now that he walks with crutches, I don’t want to try anything stupid😅😅.

5. Do you believe in ghosts, angels, and/or demons?

I don’t believe in ghosts. Angels and demons, Yes!

6. Do you ever get déjà vu? What do you think it means?

Yes, this happens to me a lot. I think it’s normal.

7. What are two of your favourite candies?

Gummy bears and baba Dudu ( African coconut caramel😋)

Do you guys celebrate Halloween? Please share why and why not on the comment section.

Thanks for reading as always.

Ciao❤❤!

1. Emmanuel

October 31, 2019 at 6:11 pm

Nice!!! I don’t know the meaning of Halloween 🎃 so I don’t celebrate it….

October 31, 2019 at 7:01 pm

Thanks little sister! I love the supporting verses you shared in #1. ❤️Also very glad you decided to have mercy on your husband while he’s on crutches. 😂

October 31, 2019 at 7:43 pm

😂😂😂 Thank you so much big sister ❤️🌹

October 31, 2019 at 9:07 pm

I miss you…I pray that your husband gets better soon. Peace and Blessings From the States

October 31, 2019 at 9:15 pm

4. Temi Michael-O

November 1, 2019 at 12:38 am

You believe in the Holy-ghost..haahaa
    Rats are so cute, why are you scared of those little furry animals.
    Praying your husband recovers speedily ♥️

November 1, 2019 at 6:25 am

Yes in the HOLY-GHOST❤️❤️❤️😂. I really don’t know why I’m scared of them. But they aren’t cute to me😂😂.
      Amen and thank you for your prayers 🙏🏾❤️❤️❤️❤️

5. herrychiccounsels

November 1, 2019 at 6:19 pm

Smiles. Miss your posts though sis. A perfect recovery for your hubby soonest. Amen. Maybe you would be able to then continue the prank mode. 😁

Hahaa. 😂 The baba dudu part got me; the highlight of my childhood. Is it still available over there?. 🤔

And the aftermath of the horror movies – I can totally relate with it. Our minds are fragile and like an absorber – it takes in whatever sight we feed it with. Guard it with diligence as Proverbs states. 😊

November 1, 2019 at 8:26 pm

Thank you so much Mercy🙏🏾❤. I love baba dudu…My sis in law brings them for me from the UK. I checked how to make them on YouTube. But I’ve not had the time to make them myself 😅😅😅.
      You are so right about our minds being an absorber. We need to feed it with the right thing . And also guard it. Thanks for reading hun 😘❤

1. herrychiccounsels

November 2, 2019 at 1:39 am

You are welcome sis. 💗

Smiles. That is really nice of her. 😊
        Wow. You can try one of the weekends.

Yes sis. Feed it rightly!.
        You are welcome. 💗💗